Unlock the ability to jump in and disagree smoothly in any language at any time.
In meetings where English is spoken, do you sometimes:
1. Hesitate to speak up?
2. Find it difficult to disagree?
3. Wait for someone to ask you a question?
4. Feel uncomfortable jumping into discussions?
5. Want to participate more?
If you answer "Yes to 2 or more of these questions, you're not alone.
of Japanese managers are frustrated working in global environments.
… and only 9 percent of their non-Japanese colleagues are ever aware of it.
Frustrated at Work
of Japanese employees are frustrated in global environments.
Awareness of this frustration by non-Japanese colleagues.
Keeping a Low Profile
Japanese employees who report keeping a low profile
Foreign employees who report low-profile Japanese colleagues.
Japanese employees who feel they are assertive at work
Non-Japanese colleagues who agree
All data from Friction Point Analysis, ongoing survey, Focus Cubed Inc.
The silent struggle is why the most common request from non-Japanese colleagues is as follows:
“Speak up, share opinions, and contribute, without being asked.”
The Perception Gap:
43 percent of Japanese employees feel they contribute assertively. Only 17 percent of non-Japanese colleagues agree.
A common comment is, “I just want to speak freely.”
While language is vital, the true challenge is communicating clearly and concisely, without hesitation.
Clients say this silent struggle leads to
Solve the Struggle:
Unlock the 5 key skills to impact your business.
A complete methodology. With our mindset-first approach, you’ll speak more confidently and freely without studying more English. SpeakUp DNA will challenge your beliefs, build trust in your own capabilities, and release the communicator within you.
Goodbye hesitation, hello confidence! How do you solve the struggle? By learning the unwritten rules of business communication and using the 5 Skills. Custom-designed drills help you develop your mindset until the skills become easy and natural. As a result, you experience greater confidence, comfort, and freedom—even with basic English.
The 5 Skills
Our Proven Process:
Discovery & Iniital Consultation
- Explore the silent struggle
- Learn how others solved it
- Customise approach
- Friction Point Analysis: Discover pain points at the source
- Define business outcomes
- Define success
Prime & Prepare
Communication Email Course: Set expectations and help participants prepare for the workshop.
Complete Guide to Business Communication: Participants can preview when convenient
SpeakUp DNA™ 2-Day Course
- Adopt the “No Hesitation Mindset.”
- Master the 5 key business communication skills.
- Build and strengthen the ability to disagree smoothly and give your opinion with confidence.
- Jump into discussions and strengthen relationships.
Activate the 5 SpeakUp DNA ™ Skills
A family of resources to internalize your new skills.
- Program Guide & Phrasebook: Discover professional tips & phrases for all 5 skills.
- Self-Paced Challenge Workbooks: Apply in meetings at your own pace.
- SpeakUp Assistant for Meetings (SAM): A customisable meeting assistant to take into meetings.
Continue internalizing your new DNA with…
- Team Coaching
- Individual Coaching
- Refresh workshops
… and more!
“I can apply this immediately at work”
Would recommend this course to others
If participants are not more confident after the workshop, it’s free.
What Customers Say: